We deliver best-in-class performance – to our customers, supplier partners, shareholders, and communities - and do it in a personable, fun and caring way.
Our Performance Drivers and Values are how we do things and best describe our culture:
- Wow the Customer. Take personal responsibility for creating an exceptional customer experience. Know your customers. Earn your customers' trust. Become your customers' "go-to" person.
- Have a Winning Attitude. Beat the competition. Play to win. Act with optimism & enthusiasm. Make courageous decisions.
- Drive for the Best Results. Work hard with integrity. Set high standards. Take personal accountability. Deliver on commitments.
- Make the Team Better. Take personal responsibility for the team's success. Be collaborative. Build trust. Communicate openly & honestly. Listen & learn from others.
- Lead the Way. (For people who lead teams). Translate strategy into action. Attract, develop and retain diverse talent. Create an open environment. Drive improvement & innovation.
Acklands-Grainger places significant trust in individual team members. Since the company’s inception in 1889 we have always operated with the highest ethical standards and Each year, all team members review and formally commit to business conduct guidelines covering many areas including: Being honest and fair in all business dealing, avoiding conflicts of interest, accuracy, use of company funds or resources, appropriate workplace behaviour and international business guidelines.
Giving Back to our Communities
Acklands-Grainger is among a privileged group of companies across Canada designated by Imagine Canada as a Caring Company. We have a long tradition and a strong culture of giving back to the communities in which our team members work and live. Our team members are closely tied to their communities and are encouraged and supported to stay involved. Some examples include our national focus on the United Way, local staff working as volunteer firefighters, and participating in charity and not-for-profit fundraising events like Children’s Wish.
Over the years, support has also been given to a host of other local and regional institutions across Canada including aboriginal organizations, hospitals and health services, cultural organizations, educational institutions and amateur sport and fitness.
We also continue to reduce our environmental impact and are helping our customers reduce theirs. We continue to expand our line of environmentally friendly products such as lead free and solvent free paints, fluorocarbon free propellants, solvent free degreasers and biodegradable cleaning products. These are now featured in a “green” section of our catalogue and at our annual customer trade show.
Operational improvements we are making ensure the sustainability of our own operations. These include installing energy efficient lighting, programmable thermostats, passive roof turbines, dock air curtains, and cardboard bailers in our facilities.
As well, all our marketing material, internal communications, and our industry-leading catalogue are printed entirely on sustainable paper, certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). Team members recycle in each location. In addition, some of our key locations are powered entirely by green electricity from Bullfrog Power.